3.11.2006

mmbop

*u have so many relationships in life, only one or two will last. you go through all the pain and strife, you turn your back and it's gone so fast. it's gone too fast. so hold on to the ones who really care, in the end they'll be the only ones there. when you get old and start losing hair, can you tell me who will still.....care??? plant a seed, plant a flower, plant a rose. plant any one of those, keep planting to find out which one grows...it's a secret no one knows.....*

ok, call me a cheeseball, butIstill enjoy listening to this song. It's simple, but Ising it to myself everytime something goes wrong in my life. Funny how relationships are like the flowers in a garden.....Today I was showing a friend some flower's that are coming up in my garden.I have tulip bulbs that are prob on their last year and I'll have to replace them next spring. I have some pretty (sometimes pesky) lillies that come back every year and bring new ones with them, andI have some dead spots where I planted impatiens and the frost killed them, so now I need to fill in the empty space.I have two holly bushes that stay green and seem as if there are ALWAYS small red berries all over them. I have 2 gardenias that blossom and are soooo pretty for about a month then the flowers start to brown and turn to seed and fill w/ small bugs.
My flowers are like the relationships in my life. There are old friends that once upon a time shared a good piece of my life and my heart, but like the pretty little impatiens, when life got in the way, we simply drifted apart. When I see them now, we simply smile in passing. Ihave old friends who come and go in and out my life like the tulip. They pop up unexpectedly, bloom very quickly, and before you know it, POOF they're gone until next year. I have a lot of lillies in my life. These are the friends that I add everyday....sometimes they stick around and leave bits of themselves around to pop back up day after day. They are beautiful and fresh when in bloom, but more often than not, seem to wilt and fade before I even remember to take a picture...and don't we all have gardenia's? you know, the *friends* who start out great but then something goes wrong and ewww, you are stuck with a bush full of ugly rotting flowers. Then I have the lovely holly friends who are always there...they come with their own set of prickly leaves, but they also come with the most vibrant of personalities that make my life better and brighter because they are there and they are constant. I have my family....that tall oak tree standing off somewhere in the background....you know the tree I am talking about. The ones' whose roots are deep and firmly planted and it would take the strongest of God's winds to stir them.The one that no matter how long you are away, when you come back, it always feels just the same. The tree that is the stronghold in my life.......

I love this garden of life and I am in constant wonder at the beautiful realtionships that I have in it! Sometimes it's almost too much to wrap my mind around, how certain people come into our lives and make it so much better and others are there for just a short while just to teach you a lesson.

This blog is for a very special friend of mine.....I am so blessed to have come across you! You, who listens and puts up w/ my endless chatter....she's a beautiful trumpet vine that has wrapped herself around my tall oak tree...I hope to carry a piece of you with me where ever life may take us

No comments: