2.19.2007

Mary Jo



After a nice 8 day visit, my in-laws left this morning. It's always hard saying googbye to the people I love so each time they leave I get all choked up to the point that I can barely say goodbye. I often "brag" about how close I am to Mary Jo (my MIL). I know that I am among the lucky to be able to count my MIL as my friend. My own mother died going on three years ago, and this woman *who also lost her mother at a young age*, has been there for me through late night phone calls, angry wailings at God, frustrations of not being able to TALK to my own momma, and finally there to help me come to grips with the fact that my mom is gone. She has helped me learn patience as a mother and she has helped me to stop criticizing my parenting skills. She spoils me and the kids....she doesn't even seem to mind that I am not the neak freak that she is:) I am a LOT different then their family expected, I believe. I am more of a tomboy, not one to mind that the house is a little out of order when company calls, and not the girlie girl when it comes to dressing up like she is and DEF not the skinny mini who passes on a piece of cheesecake! Yet, she loves me and accepts me for who I am. I really am blessed to have her in my life.

I just wanted to post a few of my fav pics of her. You can really see where Brooke gets her eyes from!

No comments: