12.11.2006

Chocolate Crinkles



Our playgroup had our annual Cookie Swap today at my friend's Carrie's house. We had a great turnout, and the cookies were fantastic! My printer is out of ink so I couldn't print my recipes, so I printed a little card and placed it inside the cookie bags....on it I wrote "For recipe, visit alishalife.blospot.com!" Now if THAT'S not the 21st century (and a shameless plug!), I don't know what is:) So here is my recipe! I hope everyone liked my little cookies!

Chocolate Crinkles

1 3/4 c all purpose flour 1 1/4 white sugar
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa 2 tbls light corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda 2 squares unswt chocolate bar, melt and cool
1/2 baking powder 2 large eggs
1/4 tsp salt 2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c butter, softened 1/2 confection sugar

Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. I seperate bowl, beat butter, sugar, and corn syrup. Reduce to low speed and add chocolate, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Slowly add in flour mixture and beat until blended well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Place confection sugar in shallow bowl. Shape cookies into 1 inch (or less) balls and coll in confection sugar. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until set, about 8 minutes. If cooked any longer, the cookies will not be as soft, but will be great dipped in a tall glass of ice cold milk!!

No comments: