12.29.2006

Ho Ho Holidays are Ho HO OVER!

YEHAW! Another Christmas come and gone!!! For some reason, this year didn't feel much like Christmas to me. I don't know if it was because I worked my tail off virtually EVERY day to get ready for it, or the fact that I didn't even take my kids to see Santa this year (baaaaad mom), or because I was so stressed about not getting everything done on time. You can't imagine the times my kids asked me if I could sit down and play with them this month....and I am ashamed to admit the times that I said "In just a few minutes baby....." then, before I knew it, those few minutes had turned into hours and it was bedtime again.

I have started making my small list of resolutions for the new year. My top resolution is based solely on my performance as a mother this past month. I am making a promise to myself that I am going to spend at LEAST 15 minutes an afternoon doing absolutly NOTHING but what my kids want to do with me. I know 15 minutes still doesn't seem like a lot of time, but it's more than they've gotten this past month. In all the hustle of "doing it all for them", I've lost track of them. They have been in their own happy little worlds and I am somewhere in the background fussing about the floor not being clean enough, baking ANOTHER batch of cookies, running around shopping for every imaginable person....folding anouther load of laundry....

So starting this year.....today.....I am vowing to spend more time with my babies. TIME is my most valuable resource....and it can't be replenished.....I don't want to lose those precious minutes because I know I can never get them back.....

and with December already gone....why am I still typing at this computer????

Happy New Year everyone! Be sure to spend it with someone you love!

No comments: