3.28.2007

My table


My friend Catherine gave me a little bistro table for my kitchen a few weeks ago. I'm still not really sure what kind of table I WANT in here, but for now I am pleased with this one. It's also made me decide to get something more vintage looking when I do buy something. When she brought the table over, the chairs were hunter green and the table top was brown. I decided to paint it in efforts to help brighten the kitchen up *don't ask why I wanted to brighten my BRIGHT yellow kitchen up...lol*. I went over the chairs with a taupe color, then went over them with sand paper to "vintage them up". The effect is FAB...for the table I chose this burnt red paint and was very iffy about it right up until it dried. When I put it in the kitchen, I realized it matches some of my metal art work perfectly! My camera really sucks, so these pictures don't capture the true sense of my new bistro set:)

No comments: