5.26.2005

Audrey Daron Lunsford

My brother called me on Tuesday night to tell me that my friend Vangi's husband, Daron, had been kiiled in Iraq. It blew me out of the water. Vangi is a year younger that I and she has a nine month old baby girl. I called my dad today and found out that his remains would arrive in Delaware on Saturday and in Batesville on Sunday. The funeral is going to be next Thursday. I wanted to include a link to his picture in his honor on my blog today. With tears in my eyes, I've looked at his picture....and remember the young man that I met for the first time in October and saw again in March....I have tears in my heart for my old friend, imagining the pain she is feeling. Thinking of the sacrifice that not only he has made, but the one that SHE and her daughter have made as well. My thoughts and love are with you Vangi....I hope Daron's memory will give you some bit of comfort now when you need it most......~alisha~
please PLEASE click the link.....and take a look at the men and women who have given their lives for freedom. SPC. AUDREY DARON LUNSFORD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.