2.25.2008

new pretties

I spent last week hunting for a special Easter center piece that will go on my new table *if the dern thing ever comes in, that is.* I got SUPER lucky when I came across this really incredible store called Franci's. Franci's is a sweet little store that is chock FULL of wonderful odds and ends, antiques, and refurbished bits and pieces. I found an incredible lazy susan that is finished in an amazing green milk paint! I am going to use it as a cake plate as well, because it is plenty big enough to be one. I also found a petit four stand, finished in a flat ivory, a glass bead wreath, a green milk painted planter, and a few things that will help fill up the hutch that my mother in law gave me. I also went to another antique shop and found some speckled robin's eggs, two little buttery yellow chicks, and a dozen brown chicken eggs. All of this in ONE day! Put some of my finds together and I have my Easter center piece!


I think it is absolutely adorable:) I want to find a few miniature nests to place in the petit holders, but for now I just have the speckled eggs in each one. Here are a few pics of my new pretties~~also, I took a pic of my new rug...not the whole thing, but a corner piece because the thing is in desperate need of a vacuuming! The hutch was a gift from my MIL...I am planning on refinishing the brown top to match the shabby'd up hutch. If you click on that pic, you'll be able to see how perfectly aged it is! I am in loooove with it!





1 comment:

Faith W said...

Alisha - what beautiful finds! I love Spring decorations - and Spring for that matter ... it is like the earth is taking a deep breath.