4.22.2008

~4~

Today marks 4 years since I lost my beautiful mother to lymphoma. I'm not going to write a long, sad blog........I just want to recognize this day because it was one of the most life altering moments of my life. I was lucky to be able to call my mom my friend....but how blessed was I to be able to say that my mother was a jewel of a lady. She had a big heart...one in which there was always room for love and forgiveness. She wasn't perfect and made many of her own mistakes....but what an example she was each time she picked herself up, dusted herself off....and walked on with her head in the air and a smile on her face. Her life wasn't an easy one...but she gave us 100% of her sweet, unperfect self....100% of the time.

Such a bittersweet treat to see you in so many of the things I do.....mangling the words of a song....rubbing lotion into the hands that look just like yours....running late for everything....forgetting so many things....and seeing your face stare back at me in the mirror....

the past 4 years of my life have flown by, but strangely enough.....the burn in my heart makes it feel like yesterday. Mum, I miss you more than my words could ever do justice.....and today, remembering the woman you were....I know that no words ever could.

love to heaven and back~~ alisha

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Simply beautiful, you are so lucky to have had such a wonderful relationship, I know its hard, I have been where you are - cherish all that you had. xoxo